How to Beat PCOS Bloating
- Limit foods high in added sugar, like sweetened beverages, cookies/candy, and other grain-based desserts.
- Include a real source of good protein, carb and fat for each meal.
- Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night, and reduce sleep disruptors like caffeine or alcohol close to bedtime.
- Exercise may also reduce bloating by promoting optimal digestion and growth of beneficial bacteria in the GI tract. However, avoid exercise that is too vigorous or intense as this may worsen GI side effects. Instead, choose moderate forms of exercise like walking, cycling, strength training, yoga, or swimming.
- Try Herbal PCOS Tea: The tea contains herbs such as ginger and peppermint amongst others which are known to reduce bloating.
Peppermint has been shown to decrease inflammation and treat symptoms of IBS like stomach pain, constipation, and bloating.
Ginger is an herb that’s well known for its ability to soothe digestive distress. For example, some research shows that ginger could speed stomach emptying to prevent bloating and feelings of fullness.
Buy it here.